For anglers looking for more control and precision with their casts, finding the best baitcasting reel is essential. Even though shopping for a new baitcasting reel can be overwhelming, the good news is that there are high quality and dependable reels on the market that are pocket-friendly.
Yes, that’s right. With only a few dollars, you could own the best baitcasting reel under 50. In this article, we take a look at some of the best baitcasting reel options available to help you make a good buying decision.
Best Baitcasting Reel Bellow 50 – Weight Compare Table
1. KastKing Royale Legend Baitcasting Fishing Reel
This reel comes with interesting features that make it one of the top picks for people on a very tight budget. To begin with, it features a dual braking system which utilizes centrifugal and magnetic brake.
The braking system is easy to adjust so you can make accurate casts with ease and consistency. Also, a drag system comes in handy that is capable of delivering up to 17.5 lbs drag power for efficient casting.
In addition, it is equipped with 11 +1 MaxDur shielded bearings that are corrosion resistant. The bearings allow smooth casting, retrieve and will last a very long time.
Besides, it is advertised to have a gear ratio of 7.0:1 that enables you to pick up line quickly.
- check Its sturdy spool features lightweight design
- check Can be used for kayak fishing, bass fishing and other types of freshwater fishing
- check High-performance reel with low maintenance needs
- check Offers smoother casting and minimal backlashes
- Requires some setup and if you don’t know about baitcasting reels, the setup can be a little difficult
2. Abu Garcia BMAX3 Baitcast Fishing Reel
Featuring 4 stainless steel bearings along with one roller bearing, this baitcasting reel boasts smooth and reliable operation. In addition, the reel claims to offer effortless retrieval. Also, this model spots a MagTrax brake system that provides precise cast control by allowing you to put brake pressure consistently.
And another thing, the reel features power disk system that offers smooth drag throughout the whole drag range.
This ensures you are able to tame those tough pulling fish. With its DuraGear brass gear, this baitcasting reel ensures maximum control and efficiency. And that’s not all. This model boasts a machined aluminum spool along with an ergonomic bent handle for added comfort, especially during those long fishing trips.
- check Built to last with quality and durable materials
- check Recessed reel foot offers comfortable grip
- check Accommodates different lures
- check Offers customizable and precise cast control
- There is no option for left-handed people
3. Piscifun NEW Torrent Baitcasting Reel
Made from anti-corrosion materials, this baitcasting reel can be used in both freshwater and saltwater conditions. It features adjustable magnetic brake system with 0 to 10 settings for handling any fishing situation. Besides, it has 5+1 stainless steel bearings that ensure smooth movement of the reel. The bearings are shielded to keep water away and extend their lifespan.
What’s more, it is equipped with CNC machined brass gear along with three disc carbon drag washers that offer up to 18 lbs of drag.
You can, therefore, handle those big fish with ease without worrying the reel could break at any moment. Also, Piscifun NEW Torrent Baitcasting Reel has an extended handle made of lightweight aluminum so you can easily pull even the largest fish out of the water.
- check Easy to lubricate to maximize its performance
- check Has smooth performance and excellent durability
- check Boasts fast and powerful retrieve capabilities
- check Includes stronger gear with 7:1:1 gear ratio
- Does not come with reel oil like it is with most models
4. Sougayilang Baitcast Reel, 12 Stainless Steel Bearings
With this model, you can go on any fishing excursion all day without getting fatigued. And you know why? Well, it is because it features carbon construction for the body, handles and side plates to reduce its overall weight. Its spool, on the other hand, is aluminum for extreme weight savings.
But here is the real deal; the baitcast reel has 11+1 MaxiDur bearings that are not only corrosion resistant but also shielded for maximum durability and smooth casting.
Also, it boasts three-disc drag system made from carbon fiber to ensure their longevity. The drag system provides up to 18lbs of drag power allowing you to handle even the biggest catch.
- check Backed by one year warranty
- check Includes 0 to 9 magnetic brake for easy adjustments
- check Boasts a lot of winding stability
- check Handles are soft to the touch
- The spool adjustment cap is made of plastic
- The Buying Guide
- Since Baitcasting reels are not built the same, here are some factors to consider beforehand when looking for the best one with a budget of $50 or less.
A baitcasting reel with more bearings is the best if you want to cast and retrieve smoothly and very accurately. But you also need to consider the quality of the reel’s bearings. And the best option is stainless steel bearings because they are resistant to rust.
When it comes to the braking system, you can choose between a magnetic or centrifugal brake. Magnetic brake is easy to use hence ideal for beginners while centrifugal is suitable for more experienced anglers. Also, you should consider a reel with a braking system that offers plenty of adjustments.
How durable and strong the frame of the reel is something you must never ignore. This is because if the frame is made of flimsy materials, it will most likely not withstand the harsh conditions in the waters. In choosing a reel with a good frame, opt for one made from strong and lightweight materials like aluminum, carbon or magnesium.
The gear ratio of a baitcasting affects how fast the reel can retrieve the line and how easy it will be to haul in heavy and big catches. So, the higher the gear ratio, the faster the reel will be able to retrieve the line. To know which is the right gear ratio for your needs, consider how fast you would want to move your bait.
The best baitcasting reel should be in a position to offer you plenty of drag pressure to stop a fish from escaping without having to use a lot of energy. It should also have plenty of adjustment settings for efficient casting and precise control.
Baitcasting reels are not easy to use. You will need to spend some time mastering how they work if you are a beginner angler. However, once you get the hang of it, reels will probably become your primary fishing gear.